ERP: A Practitioner’s View
In This Episode
In this episode, we discuss “ERP: A Practitioner’s View” with Mr. Bob Bucy. Bob is also a lifelong learner with a passion for education and sharing of knowledge and experience with others. Please join us as Bob shares his insight and experience from 20+ years as an ERP organizational change practitioner.
Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on all Major Platforms
We want this podcast to be the most useful podcast you listen to. And we need your help! Please leave us a podcast review!
This Episodes’ Guest
IT and business professional
Mr. Bob Bucy is an IT and business professional with 20+ years of cross-functional experience in the implementation and support of global enterprise systems. Bob has over 15 years of experience supporting warehouse management, materials management, and logistics execution processes in SAP, including over 14 years in a validated life sciences environment.
Bob has served in project implementation and support roles for 5 different multinational corporations, as a Service Delivery Manager for a provider of SAP services, and as an Adjunct Lecturer (where he taught ERP).
In addition, Bob has been actively involved with the Americas’ SAP User Group for several years and currently serves as chair for the ASUG Carolinas Chapter.
Episode Resources & Links
Article by Bob Bucy
Bucy, B., “Technical Debt in ERP”, March 19, 2021, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/technical-debt-erp-bob-bucy/
Other Books and Articles mentioned
Bradford, M. (2014). Modern ERP: select, implement, and use today’s advanced business systems. Lulu. com., https://www.amazon.com/Modern-ERP-Implement-Advanced-Business/dp/131266598X
Dr. Michel Hammer, “Succeeding with SAP”, http://www.hammerandco.com/index.htm
Adkins, B, “LEADERSHIP EATS CULTURE”, https://www.denisonconsulting.com/transform/article-leadership-eats-culture/
Luttrell, G., Doane, M., “The Super User ®evolution”, https://sapinsight.myshopify.com/products/super-user-revolution-pre-sale
Related Podcast Episodes from “The ERP Organizational Change Journal” about L&D and Applied Research:
- The ERP Organizational Change Journal, Episode 18: Modern ERP: Select, Implement and Use Today’s Advanced Business Systems, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-18-modern-erp-select-implement-and-use-todays-advanced-business-systems/
- Dr. Richard E. Clark, Episode 2: Organizational Performance Improvement, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-2-organizational-performance-improvement/
- Dr. Jim Kirkpatrick, Episode 19: Training Evaluation, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-19-training-evaluation/
- Guy Wallace, Episode 30: Evidence-Based Performance Improvement, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-30-evidence-based-performance-improvement/
- Gary A. DePaul, Episode 10: Leadership: Myths, Behaviors, and Practice, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-10-leadership-myths-behaviors-and-practice/
- Alex Salas, Episode 22: Effective Principle Based Learning, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-22-effective-principle-based-learning/
- Greg Schumaker, Episode 28: Optimized ERP, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-28-optimized-erp/
Other Podcasts Mentioned
Ocsar Trimboli, “deep listening”, https://www.oscartrimboli.com/
Panorama 2020 report, https://www.panorama-consulting.com/resource-center/2020-erp-report/
More About This Episide
This week we will discuss key influences to ERP optimization including:
- Definition of success
- ERP success rates
- “Technical debt”
- Critical keys to project management
- ERP expectations
- The role of corporate culture
- Common challenges and pitfalls,
- Learning and Development (L&D)
- ERP organizational change conflict
- Leadership styles
- Critical success factors and more!
Coming up Next
We are excited to have friends and colleagues join us for “The ERP Organizational Change Journal” podcast. We have an incredible lineup of ERP and organizational change speakers, authors, professors, researchers and pioneers in the field, practitioners, PE partners, business executives, ERP vendors, and organizational stakeholders.
We seek to
- Promote, connect, and foster relationships in the #ERPorganizationalchange community
- Contribute to the field of #ERPorganizationalchange
- Bring research and practice closer together.
Episode 42 ERP: What is FulcrumAbout this Episode In this episode we discuss “ERP: What is Fulcrum“ with Sunny Han. Fulcrum is a Manufacturing SaaS ERP solution. This episode will further examine Fulcrum ERP and its competitive differentiators. Mr. Sunny Han is...
Episode 41 Taking Smart Risks: How Sharp Leaders Win when Stakes are HighAbout this Episode In this episode, we discuss our guest’s book, “Taking Smart Risks: How Sharp Leaders Win When Stakes Are High“ with Mr. Doug Sundheim. We examine how Mr. Sundheim helps...
Episode 40 Curve BendersIn This Episode In this episode, “Curve Benders” we will discuss the title of his book with Mr. David Nour. This episode will examine “Enabling Leaders to Reimage The Future” including Mr. Nour’s “ roadmap for professionals who no longer...
About Nestell & Associates
Merger and acquisition ERP digital transformations can be a significant challenge. But a solid framework is built on good practices with proven success. We have a successful track record with integrations, upgrades, mergers, and acquisitions, and we want to share our methods with you.
Our leadership experience in organizational change, information technology, ERP, and digital transformation crosses multiple industries.
Experience. Proven. Results.
Private Equity Merger and Acquisition Digital Transformation Leadership, Advisory, and Consulting Services