By Jack Nestell & Dr. David Olson
Successful ERP Systems Book
A Guide for Business and Executives
This book is intended to be a guide for businesses and practitioners on how to incorporate an ERP System into an organization, a task that, for most organizations, proves challenging.
Each year billions of dollars are spent by organizations to implement, manage, and maintain ERP systems. Considering that most companies understand the importance of and need for these systems and the profits that can be had by implementing them, it is difficult to explain why incorporating them into an organization can be so challenging.
This book represents a unique combination of experiences pertaining to ERP systems, including an academic and research perspective on the one hand, and a practitioner's perspective, on the other.
There are many keys to success in implementing an ERP system, including attention to detail, achieving the correct focus for a particular organization, and finding a proper balance between leanness, and top-heaviness.
The book also attempts to define ERP value by delineating a litany of dos and donts. Such practical advice, coupled with academic research, statistics, and case studies, offer complementary perspectives and shed light on how, what, when, and why ERP systems and their implementations are deemed failures or successes.
Most importantly, this book demonstrates what practitioners can do to counter any ERP failure risks.
Read the Forward by Ron J. West.
Dr. Jack G. Nestell
- Founder – Nestell & Associates, CIO, Board Member and Advisor, Executive Director of IT, Vice President of IT, IT Security Officer, IT business advisor and consultant, and ERP speaker.
- 26 years IT integration experience including manufacturing, health care, private equity, aircraft, food and beverage, and logistics industries.
- Expert in ERP implementations, management, and IT merger and acquisition due diligence.
- Recruited by multiple private equity firms as CIO to drive ERP implementation/optimization in portfolio companies and their mergers and acquisitions. Expert in acquisition IT due diligence, system rationalization, and systems integration—always operating within tight budgets, under tight deadlines, and in high-growth situations.
- Skilled in developing strategic, scalable, and lean information technology teams, procedures, and technology that position companies for future growth and success. Served as project lead with Fortune 500 partners in many projects. Advised for ERP consulting companies.
- Dr. Nestell has received a Doctorate degree at the University of Southern California where he studied models for successful ERP implementations.
David Louis Olson
James & H.K. Stuart Professor Chancellor’s Distinguished Chair, University of Nebraska
David L. Olson has published research in over 150 refereed journal articles, primarily on the topic of multiple objective decision-making and information technology.
He teaches in the management information systems, management science, and operations management areas. He has authored over twenty books. He is associate editor of Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Production Research, and Decision Sciences and co-editor in chief of International Journal of Services Sciences.
He has made over 200 presentations at international and national conferences on research topics. He is a member of the Decision Sciences Institute, the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences, and the Multiple Criteria Decision Making Society.
He was named the Raymond E. Miles Distinguished Scholar award for 2002, and was a James C. and Rhonda Seacrest Fellow from 2005 to 2006. He was named Best Enterprise Information Systems Educator by IFIP in 2006. He is a Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute.
Maintaining an effective culture is so important that it, in fact, trumps even strategy.
- Howard Stevenson, Professor Emeritus at Harvard University
Private Equity IT & ERP Consulting
Nestell & Associates is a proven industry leader, providing private equity consulting for merger and acquisition and digital transformation leadership. Our advisory, private equity ERP consulting services can take your business to the next level.