Modern ERP: Select, Implement and Use Today’s Advanced Business Systems
In this episode, the topic (and name of the guest’s book) is “Modern ERP: Select, Implement, and Use Today’s Advanced Business Systems “ with Dr. Marianne Bradford. We will explore further modern ERP systems selection, implementation, and challenges of today’s advanced business systems.
Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on all Major Platforms
This Episodes’ Guest
Dr. Bradford is a Full Professor in the Department of Accounting, Poole College of Management, at North Carolina State University where she teaches ERP Systems and has written a textbook on ERP systems, “Modern ERP: Select, Implement, and Use Today’s Advanced Business Systems” .
She holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and Information Systems from the University of Tennessee.
Dr. Bradford has been published in numerous journals including Journal of Information Systems, Communications of the Association of Information Systems, Journal of Cost Management, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Journal of High Technology Management Research, Strategic Finance, and Management Accounting Quarterly.
Dr. Bradford’s area of expertise includes Enterprise resource planning systems: implementation and security issues; generalized audit software adoption and use; and business process reengineering.
Episode Resources & Links
Bradford, M. (2015). Modern ERP: select, implement and use today’s advanced business systems. Lulu. Com: https://www.amazon.com/Modern-ERP-Implement-Advanced-Business/dp/131266598X
Hammer, M., & Champy, J. (2009). Reengineering the Corporation: Manifesto for Business Revolution, A. Zondervan.: https://www.amazon.com/Reengineering-Corporation-Manifesto-Revolution-Essentials/dp/0060559535
NCSU Poole College of Mgmt page is: https://poole.ncsu.edu/people/mbradfo/
More About This Episide
“Although enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems can deliver a powerful business advantage, considerable evidence suggests that, in general, ERP organizational change efforts often significantly underperform against preconceived expectations. ERP organizational change is an often complex and dynamic interaction among employees, business processes, and technology” (Nestell, 2020).
Our guest states in her book that “Implementing ERP is a complex, time-consuming undertaking that involves many different activities, and if handled improperly, can cause the project to derail.” We examine the challenges and some tactical mechanisms to help counter potential pitfalls.
Coming up Next
We are excited to have friends and colleagues join us for “The ERP Organizational Change Journal” podcast. We have an incredible lineup of ERP and organizational change speakers, authors, professors, researchers and pioneers in the field, practitioners, PE partners, business executives, ERP vendors, and organizational stakeholders.
- Mr. David Stefanick: “Winning the ERP Game”, Author of the book “Winning the ERP Game”, Founder of STX Consulting (STXConsulting.com).
- Mr. Paul Van Metre: “Industry Specific ERP & Differentiators: People, Process, and Technology”, Co-founder of ProShop ERP, Board Member of Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance (PNAA).
- Mr. Alexander Salas: “Effective Principle Based Learning”, Award-winning eLearning designer, Learning facilitator and instructional designer, Owner of StyleLearn.
- Mr. Joe Choorapuzha: “Organizational Transformation: Keys to Success ”, Partner at Incline Equity Partners- a private equity firm investing in manufacturing, distribution, and business services companies.
- Dr. Liz Bywater: “Slow Down to Speed Up: Lead, Succeed and Thrive in a 24/7 World”, Strategic Advisor, Author, Team Accelerator, Speaker, Nestell & Associates Strategic Advisor, Author “Slow Down to Speed Up: Lead, Succeed and Thrive in a 24/7 World”.
- Mr. Pete Malone: “Private Equity: IRR, EBITDA, and the value of ERP”, SAP Director of Private Equity and Strategic Initiatives.
We seek to
- Promote, connect, and foster relationships in the #ERPorganizationalchange community
- Contribute to the field of #ERPorganizationalchange
- Bring research and practice closer together.
Episode 19 Training EvaluationIn this episode, we will discuss “Training Evaluation” with Dr. Jim Kirkpatrick. The Kirkpatrick Model has evolved over multiple decades through application by learning and development professionals around the world. Let’s learn more...
Episode 17 RFID: Value Creation and Effective Tech StrategyIn this episode, “RFID: Value Creation and Effective Tech Strategy” we will explore with Mr. Dean Frew RFID and its significance as a digital transformation technology.Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on...
Episode 16 Digital Transformation: Leadership and ToolsIn this episode, “Digital Transformation: Leadership and Tools”, we will discuss the benefits and challenges of digital transformation With Geoffrey Cann. Geoffrey is a premier thought leader in oil and gas...
About Nestell & Associates
Merger and acquisition ERP digital transformations can be a significant challenge. But a solid framework is built on good practices with proven success. We have a successful track record with integrations, upgrades, mergers, and acquisitions, and we want to share our methods with you.
Our leadership experience in organizational change, information technology, ERP, and digital transformation crosses multiple industries.