About this Episode
In this episode we discuss “ERP: What is Fulcrum“ with Sunny Han. Fulcrum is a Manufacturing SaaS ERP solution. This episode will further examine Fulcrum ERP and its competitive differentiators.
Mr. Sunny Han is founder of Fulcrum ERP. Fulcrum is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) ERP, MRP, and MES platform allowing small and mid-sized manufacturers to improve efficiency through workflow optimization and automated data collection, and advanced heuristics. What matters and what really makes for an organization’s success is being mindful of how critical the triad (people, process, and technology) is and hence the true differentiators that ERP solutions and vendors bring to the table. So let’s learn more with our guest as we discuss what value ERP solutions, partners, their team, and their processes contribute to ERP success. We will ask Mr. Hann about the value of systems selection, sustainable performance, and the biggest challenges in implementing ERP.
Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on all Major Platforms
We want this podcast to be the most useful podcast you listen to. And we need your help! Please leave us a podcast review!
Episode Highlights & More about this Episode
07:39 How would you define ERP for our listeners?
09:33 What’s the benefit of a niche ERP platform and partner? Aren’t there many “Tier 1” players that can provide all the same functionality?
14:11 How would you describe your general understanding of ERP implementation success rates in the field?
15:32 Suppose you are leading a kickoff meeting for an organization that is just starting an ERP implementation. How would you define and describe for them “success” in terms of an ERP organizational change?
17:47 In general, what is Fulcrum Manufacturing ERP? Please elaborate more on Fulcrum ERP. What is it and who are your customers?
23:15 You believe that one of your differentiators is Vue.js. Sunny on your website you state that “Intuition is experience. Building amazing things requires more than seeking approval. Leadership is about being the first one to talk about the most awkward and difficult and tense things. Everyone wants to be known. Vue.js is the future.” Please share more with our listeners.
26:10 You also state on your website that you are “Different from the ground up. New technology to support a new resurgence of manufacturing growth. Moving faster requires more data, better automation supported by a new modern platform”. From a technology perspective, how are you different from ERP vendors such as Oracle, SAP, Infor, etc.
29:46 Technology aside for a moment, what is your approach to helping customers implement and realize improvements in their business.?
31:39 As an ERP software company, you sell and implement software, but what would say is the largest influence to ERP organizational change success?
34:87 Anything to say in terms of emerging technology and its relevance to ERP in general and its relevance to your product as well?
The Process (business process and implementation process)
36:50 What is more likely 1) nearly perfect success with no major challenges or 2) Some challenges but the organization endures (due to strong culture) and therefore success?
37:43 As you know the implementation process and methodology is crucial, what can you share with our listeners as to how you feel your implementation process is a differentiator from other ERP players?
40:35 What are your thoughts on ERP software customization? Customization can be good in order to better fit the operational processes. But isn’t it too much of a danger?
44:27 Would you agree that ERP system selection is one of the most crucial decisions to be made during an ERP organizational change endeavor? Why? What are some of the key factors to look at in deciding upon an ERP solution?
46:09 If you had to distill down your experience, expertise, success, and challenges into 4-5 sentences, what advice would you offer up to our listeners (ERP and organizational. change practitioners, PE professionals, and ERP and organizational change researchers)?
More Related Episodes from TheERPocj
- Episode 38: How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming the ERP Systems, Dr. Sam Goundar, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-38-how-artificial-intelligence-is-transforming-the-erp-systems/
- Episode 28: Optimized ERP, Mr. Greg Shumaker, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-28-optimized-erp/
- Episode 27: ERP: What is Microsoft Dynamics 365, Mr. Christiano Gherardini, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-27-erp-what-is-microsoft-dynamics-365/
- Episode 26: Niche ERP and Competitive Differentiators, Mr. Craig Skonieczny, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-26-niche-erp-and-competitive-differentiators/
- Episode 25: Private Equity: IRR, EBITDA, and the value of ERP, Mr. Pete Malone, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-25-private-equity-irr-ebitda-and-the-value-of-erp/
- Episode 21: Industry-Specific ERP and Differentiators: People, Process, and Technology, Mr. Paul Van Metre, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-21-industry-specific-erp-and-differentiators-people-process-and-technology/
- Episode 11: The Value of Objective ERP System Selection, Mr. Mehdi Aftahi, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/episode-11-the-value-of-objective-erp-system-selection/
- Episode 5: The Benefit of Industry Specific ERP Platforms and Emerging Technologies in ERP, Mr. Paul Magel, https://nestellassociates.com/podcast/the-benefit-of-industry-specific-erp-platforms-and-emerging-technologies-in-erp/
Episode 45 Private Equity: Leading Through M&A and ERP DisruptionAbout this Episode In this episode, we discuss “Private Equity: Leading Through M&A and ERP Disruption“ with Dr. Constance Dierickx. We examine high-stakes private equity leadership, leading...
Episode 44 An ERP Critical Success Factor: Organizational LearningAbout this Episode In this episode, we discuss “An ERP Critical Success Factor: Organizational Learning“ with Dr. Clark Quinn. This episode will examine the influences that could enhance learning and...
Episode 43 Leveraging Organizational ChangeAbout this Episode In this episode, we discuss “Leveraging Organizational Change“ with Robert W. (or “Jake”) Jacobs. This episode will further examine how change is beneficial to organizational performance, stakeholder...
About Nestell & Associates
Experience. Proven. Results.
Private Equity Merger and Acquisition Digital Transformation Leadership, Advisory, and Consulting Services