Digital Transformation: Leadership and Tools
In this episode, “Digital Transformation: Leadership and Tools”, we will discuss the benefits and challenges of digital transformation With Geoffrey Cann. Geoffrey is a premier thought leader in oil and gas digital transformation and is also passionate about ensuring that technology works for businesses.
Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on all Major Platforms
This Episodes’ Guest
Mr. Geoffrey Cann
Mr. Cann is a speaker, trainer, best-selling author and expert in digital transition.
Mr. Cann has a well-respected podcast “Digital Oil and Gas”. He is also the author of “Bits, Bytes and Barrels: The Digital Transformation of Oil and Gas”.
Through hundreds of projects over a career spanning 36 years, he has worked with some of the biggest names in oil and gas to create lasting value. From very large integrated oil companies to downstream petroleum refiners and marketers, to field services. From drilling and completions services to pipelines, to LNG projects, and many more.
From artificial intelligence to blockchain, Geoffrey has firsthand in-depth experience helping oil and gas companies build roadmaps for digital transformation. His work has included virtually all segments of the oil and gas value chain, including exploration, production, refining, wholesaling, retailing, services, finance and IT.
Geoffrey’s mission is to accelerate digital energy. He helps solve the demand-supply imbalance for digital innovation in oil and gas where there is a shortage of demand for innovation but ample available supply. He helps create demand for digital innovation teaching digital awareness to oil and gas companies. And, he reveals the way to be more capable at adopting digital innovations. Geoffrey enhances the supply of innovation by helping digital innovations better fit the needs of the industry.”
Episode Resources & Links
Geoffrey’s Book: Bits, Bytes, and Barrels: The Digital Transformation of Oil and Gas
Digital Oil and Gas Podcast: Available on iTunes, Google, Amazon, Spotify, Stitcher, YouTube
More About This Episide
In this episode, we will explore further digital transformation technologies, leadership, and challenges. While our guest While Mr. Cann focuses on the oil and gas industry, his insight and experience apply across all industries.
Mr. Cann notes that “Technologies like the internet of things, machine learning, artificial intelligence, robots, cloud computing, and gamification are becoming mainstream in oil and gas, and in many other industries.
These digital technologies are driving a profound wave of change and transformation across the industry, from upstream to downstream, finance to operations. Digital is one of the few tools that allows whole industries to address cost, productivity, and sustainability challenges simultaneously.”
This statement applies equally as well to many other industries, Let’s learn more…..
Coming up Next
We are excited to have friends and colleagues join us for “The ERP Organizational Change Journal” podcast. We have an incredible lineup of ERP and organizational change speakers, authors, professors, researchers and pioneers in the field, practitioners, PE partners, business executives, ERP vendors, and organizational stakeholders.
- Mr. David Stefanick: “Winning the ERP Game”, Author of the book “Winning the ERP Game”, Founder of STX Consulting (STXConsulting.com).
- Mr. Paul Van Metre: “Industry Specific ERP & Differentiators: People, Process, and Technology”, Co-founder of ProShop ERP, Board Member of Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance (PNAA).
- Mr. Alexander Salas: “Effective Principle Based Learning”, Award-winning eLearning designer, Learning facilitator and instructional designer, Owner of StyleLearn.
- Mr. Joe Choorapuzha: “Organizational Transformation: Keys to Success ”, Partner at Incline Equity Partners- a private equity firm investing in manufacturing, distribution, and business services companies.
- Dr. Liz Bywater: “Slow Down to Speed Up: Lead, Succeed and Thrive in a 24/7 World”, Strategic Advisor, Author, Team Accelerator, Speaker, Nestell & Associates Strategic Advisor, Author “Slow Down to Speed Up: Lead, Succeed and Thrive in a 24/7 World”.
- Mr. Pete Malone: “Private Equity: IRR, EBITDA, and the value of ERP”, SAP Director of Private Equity and Strategic Initiatives.
We seek to
- Promote, connect, and foster relationships in the #ERPorganizationalchange community
- Contribute to the field of #ERPorganizationalchange
- Bring research and practice closer together.
Episode 19 Training EvaluationIn this episode, we will discuss “Training Evaluation” with Dr. Jim Kirkpatrick. The Kirkpatrick Model has evolved over multiple decades through application by learning and development professionals around the world. Let’s learn more...
Episode 18 Modern ERP: Select, Implement and Use Today’s Advanced Business SystemsIn this episode, the topic (and name of the guest’s book) is “Modern ERP: Select, Implement, and Use Today’s Advanced Business Systems “ with Dr. Marianne Bradford. We will explore...
Episode 17 RFID: Value Creation and Effective Tech StrategyIn this episode, “RFID: Value Creation and Effective Tech Strategy” we will explore with Mr. Dean Frew RFID and its significance as a digital transformation technology.Stream this Episode Here and Subscribe on...
About Nestell & Associates
Merger and acquisition ERP digital transformations can be a significant challenge. But a solid framework is built on good practices with proven success. We have a successful track record with integrations, upgrades, mergers, and acquisitions, and we want to share our methods with you.
Our leadership experience in organizational change, information technology, ERP, and digital transformation crosses multiple industries.