Business Intelligence and ERP Systems: A Conversation on Emerging Technology, Innovative Ideas, and Success Factors
In this episode we will explore and discuss some emerging technologies and Innovative Ideas in terms of ERP and business systems including blockchain, Exhaust Data, strategy maps. In addition, we will explore ERP organizational change success factors and risks.
Stream this episode here and subscribe to all major podcast platforms.
This Episodes’ Guest
Dr Daniel O'Leary
Dr. Daniel O'Leary is Professor at USC Marshall School of Business/Levethal School of Accounting.
Dr. O’Leary’s research awards and accomplishments include, among many others:
- “Outstanding Author Contribution – 2017 “Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence”
- Outstanding Researcher Award 2016 – Strategic and Emerging Technologies Section of the AAA, “For his outstanding line of ERP Research in the Field of Strategic and Emerging Technologies.”
- Notable Contribution to the Literature, 2014, American Accounting Association, Accounting Information Systems Section
- Listed among “The Most Prolific (DBLP) Authors in Computer Science” with 135 publications. A selected set of computer science and information systems journals is indexed in order to create this database. http://dblp.uni-trier.de/statistics/prolific1.html (August 30, 2019)
- Listed among the top 100 information systems researchers when ranked by Google Citations, H-Index, “The H-Index for Information Systems,” Sandeep Suntwal, April 2017. Reference available on request.
- Listed as the most published contributor to the AAA Journal of Emerging Technologies (JETA) and three of his papers were among the ten most-cited – Muehlmann et al. (2015) JETA.
Episode Resources & Links
O’Leary, D. E. (2020). Evolving Blockchain Applications: Multiple Semantic Models and Distributed Databases for Blockchain Data Reuse. World Scientific Book Chapters, 545-577.
O’Leary, D. E. (2019). Some issues in blockchain for accounting and the supply chain, with an application of distributed databases to virtual organizations. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, 26(3), 137-149.
O’Leary, D. E. (2017). Configuring blockchain architectures for transaction information in blockchain consortiums: The case of accounting and supply chain systems. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, 24(4), 138-147.
OLeary, D., & Storey, V. C. (2020). Discovering and Transforming Exhaust Data to Realize Managerial Value. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 47(1), 11.
O’Leary, D. E. (2020). Enterprise Architecture for Accounting and Finance Transformation: Using Strategy Maps to Develop High-Performance FinanceStrategy Maps and Enterprise Architecture. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting
O’Leary, D. E. (2020). A Signal Theory Model for Continuous Monitoring and Intelligence Systems. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, 17(2), 201-213.
O’Leary, D. E. (2020). Evolving information systems and technology research issues for COVID-19 and other pandemics. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 30(1), 1-8.
O’Leary, D. E. (2000). Enterprise resource planning systems: systems, life cycle, electronic commerce, and risk. Cambridge university press.
More About This Episide
Technological advances are incredibly beneficial to organizations but they also
- 1) need to solve real business issues, or
- 2) improve current business process, and
- 3) certainly require appropriate people and processes in order to make these technologies a value-add to organizations.
So in this episode let’s discuss further and explore the tools and technologies that support improved business intelligence and, some of the keys of deployment for these tools and technologies in a way that most effective and efficient for the organization.
Episode 48 Organizational Learning and Development About this Episode In this episode, we discuss “Organizational Learning and Development” with Mr. Mike Taylor. Mike will share with us the primary mission of L&D, primary L&D objectives, the role of...
Episode 47 Effective ERP Transformation About this Episode In this episode, we discuss “Effective ERP Transformation” with Mr. Ganapathy Iyer. Ganapathy will share with us the definition of a successful digital transformation project, why digital transformation...
Episode 46 ERP Organizational Change: Process, Practice, and ManagementAbout this Episode In this episode, we discuss “ERP Organizational Change: Process, Practice, and Management” with Mr. David Amborski. David shares with us his definition of ERP success, ERP...
About Nestell & Associates
Merger and acquisition ERP digital transformations can be a significant challenge. But a solid framework is built on good practices with proven success. We have a successful track record with integrations, upgrades, mergers, and acquisitions, and we want to share our methods with you.
Our leadership experience in organizational change, information technology, ERP, and digital transformation crosses multiple industries.